How To Choose Best Platform For Your Mobile App?

When it comes to deciding a platform for your mobile apps, the line between Android and iOS blurs out immediately. Some people say iOS works best for them, while some acknowledge Android. Such discussions make businesses to excel equally in both the application platforms.

Android. Such discussions make businesses to excel equally in both the application platforms.

Though, when it comes to deciding a platform for your business, it is critical to intensely audit the numerous facets of each product and it’s infrastructure. This is a crucial decision, particularly for businesses trying to reach their consumers on a massive scale. To enable so, we need to concentrate on a few points that can aid you decide which platform to target for an initial release.

Audit Platforms By Figures

A predicted 62.2% of smartphone users reckon Android devices. On the other hand, iOS phones only account for 37.8% of the overall MARKET. But essentially you need to scrutinize your visitor’s stats and see what fragment comes from the iOS or Android. Banking on the majority you can determine which platform would be the best to design and develop your application.

Perhaps chiefly, the Android OS is not limited to a single product, like iOS. Instead, plenty of different manufacturers offer products that run on Android. These products vary greatly in terms of hardware, features, and retail prices. If you are attempting to reach a large audience, Android would provide a exclusive and appealing stand in the MARKET.

Consumer Trends

As the user base is so colossal on both the app platforms, it is awfully laborious to pin down spreading trends and habits that apply across the board. iOS trends are effortless to analyze. Going a step further into customer behavior or usage, determining which platform to develop first should depend on whether your customer is a heavy user of iTunes or Google services such as Maps, Gmail, Calendar or Google Now.

Invest In Time And Research

One obstacle that some Android developers encounter is that apps do not always render perfectly on all of the estimated 100.48 million devices that run Android. The iOS operating system, on the other hand, is only supported by a narrow handful of devices from Apple. Testing and deploying an application on iOS is much less time intensive, as the application does not need to be downloaded on every device to get a full snapshot of its compatibility with myriad smartphones.

Keep Resources In Mind

Although numerous companies end up contracting out a good chunk of their mobile development work, you still need to communicate with your team and see what they are most familiar with developing in. If you have to developed an iOS based app then you can only develop it on Macs. Android aims a mass MARKET as compared to iOS and thus it can support Windows or even Mac to develop an application.

Free Of Charge

The assumption that Android users are not ready to pay isn’t quite as true as it used to be, but it is doubtlessly true that iOS users are more willing and more likely to pay for an app as compared to Android users. But this doesn’t mean that consumers on Android don’t buy at all. Also acknowledge where you can accept payments from both platforms. For example Google is continuing to hike the number of countries that support paid Google Play apps but this is an area where Apple still has a significant lead.

Android, iOS Or Both

The answer to this is a bit more perplexed, because Android is the leading mobile operating system on a global aspect, whereas on the other hand, iOS continues to build its loyal customers across the globe. Thus we would recommend you to keep a strong hand towards both the ends since each platform covers over 90% of the MARKET.

Ultimately, determining which platform works best for your business is a decision that takes several factors into consideration. Choosing one platform over the other comes down to personal preference of devices, and what apps and services you as a user care about the most.

The reality with mobile apps is that you won’t know everything you need to know until you get your app in a marketplace.