Why Develop for Iphone?
From the viewpoint of development, Apple likes things simple, and this applies to their products and frameworks. iOS is the operating system which powers all Apple’s mobile devices.
These include iPod Touch, iPhone, and iPad. So keep in mind when you’re developing apps for iPhone, you could be developing for all of other devices with the iOS!
Besides, what makes the above feature even greater is how much the coding work can be saved. When you write code for iPhone application you’re using the same programming language for all Apple’s computing devices. That means when you’re developing the iPhone application, the app can later be integrated into iPad and even Mac.
Step 1: A great imagination leads to a great app.
To create a successful mobile app, the first thing you need to keep in mind:
- Identify a problem which can be resolved by your app
- Decide the features of your app
Step 2: Identify
To create a successful mobile app, you need to identify or be clear about:
- Application target users : An app should always be developed keeping in mind the target users of an application. Having a clear vision regarding the target group, enhance the success ratio of an app.
- Mobile platforms and devices to be supported : Mobile platforms and devices should be selected keeping in mind hardware performance, battery life, ruggedness and required peripherals. Certain factors that needs to be considered while selecting mobile platforms and devices includes coverage, device support, performance and other features.
- Revenue model : The app market is booming like never before. To ensure this resource and generate revenue , app developer need to select appropriate approach in accordance with the app. There are different models of generating revenue from mobile applications which include paid applications, separate app and in-app freemiums, advertisements, subscription and pay per download.
Step 3: Design your app
Designing your app is yet another significant factor responsible for success of an app in the market. An app developer should concentrate on the UI design, multi-touch gestures for touch-enabled devices and consider platform design standards as well. Today, emphasis is on the UI design of an app as it plays a crucial role in the success of an app. Designing an app is becoming increasingly popular as it create an instant impact on the mind of the user while ensuring usability of an app.
Step 4: Identify beta-testers. Listen to their feedback and integrate relevant ones.
Beta testing is the first opportunity to get feedback from your target customers. It is especially important as it enhances your visibility in the app store. It not only reduce product risk but get you that initial push in the app store. To identify beta testers is another important task to ensure success of an app.
Step 5: Preparing for beta launch:
It is highly important to identify and clearly define your target audience. This will enable you identify the right testers during your beta tester recruiting. Early market research helps in understanding market analysis which eases the process of beta testing.
Step 6: Eliminate bugs
Before beta testing your app on different platforms you need to take into account majority of the devices which eliminate device specific bugs. Alpha testing with a small number of users enables to clear out maximum bugs. At the same time, device coverage plan is significant for quality assurance of mobile app.
Step 7: Identify goals
Beta testing is the best opportunity to get real feedback from target customers. It provides a great opportunity to further understand target market and their requirements. Identifying goals for beta testing helps in focusing the efforts. These goals reduce your product launch risk.
Step 8: Release/ deploy the app
Deploying an app requires plan, schedule and control of the movement of releases to test and live environments. The major objective of Deployment Management is to ensure the integrity of the live environment is protected and that the correct components are released.
Step 9: Capture the metrics
There has been significant rise in the mobile app users in the present decade. As a result, the need to collect accurate metrics is highly important. As the number of consumers using mobile applications steadily rises, the need to collect accurate metrics from them is increasingly important. Unfortunately, many of the methods used to measure apps are taken from web analytics.
Step 10: Upgrade your app with improvements and new features
After capturing the metrics it becomes important to upgrade your app with improvements and innovative features. A mobile app without innovative features loses its usability in long run. Upgrading your app with innovative features enhances its visibility along with downloads of an app.
These are some of the of steps which should be taken into account while developing an app. Using these steps, you can develop an app ensuring success in long run.